A Long Time Ago in a Data Center Far, Far Away...
The Open Spectrum Alliance
At Open Spectrum, we love data centers and we love our Alliance Members – those teams committed to forcing out the dark side of our industry with it’s unethical practices and downright dirty mind tricks. The Open Spectrum Alliance is constantly developing, maintaining, and nurturing a robust network of vendors, partners, consultants, and agents who share our quest to bring light and freedom to the data center marketplace and the entire galaxy.
Though there is no shortage of people who claim to know what they are doing in the IT space, Open Spectrum Alliance works to maintain strict standards to ensure any and all people and companies recommended and introduced to our clients operate at the highest level of integrity and excellence.
If you resonate with what we’re talking about here, and throughout this site, and you feel that you or your firm could be of value to our clients or our company, please fill out the contact form below.
Become an Alliance Member
Alliance Member FAQ
Alliance Member Directive
Featured Alliance Members
Bio: Microcorp is a value added distributor of telecom and cloud services that has been in business for nearly 20 years supporting over 2,500 agents across the country.
Our Alliance: As a member of the Microcorp Team Alliance Program, Open Spectrum is providing industry relevant consultative sales training and coaching to the Microcorp network of agents across the country. In addition, we are serving as back office solution architects and sourcing agents for their agents and clients engaged in complex data center and cloud related opportunities.
Bio: Structure Research is an independent research and consulting firm with a special focus on hosting, cloud and data centers.
Our Alliance: This partnership affords us the ability to share content and personnel while providing targeted introductions to accounts on both sides of the table. It also provides Open Spectrum and our clients with direct access to resources and deep intelligence on the growing AsiaPac marketplace.
Bio: C4G teaches business communications and sales assist skills to technical people. Their customized workshops, or Tools for Techies, as they say, will help tech specialists become more comfortable, confident, and profitable in front of customers and all the way up the C-suite.
Our Alliance: Our curriculums and personnel have been shared allowing both companies to offer a much broader range of training services and acumen throughout the entire IT organization.
Bio: Transwestern is a growing commercial real estate development and brokerage firm with nearly 500 active brokers in 9 regions across the country.
Our Alliance: Open Spectrum is providing industry relevant consultative sales training and coaching to the Transwestern network of agents across the country. In addition, we are serving as back office solution architects and sourcing agents for their agents and clients engaged in complex data center, network and cloud related opportunities.
Bio: The TCA is a non-profit association dedicated to promoting the interests of the indirect partner channel that creates value for membership of over 1,000 Master Partners, Partners, and carriers through advocacy, education, and access to their peers and industry leadership.
Our Alliance: Our values are aligned around educating the industry and, as such, Open Spectrum is offering all current TCA members the opportunity to get cross-trained on data center and IT infrastructure technology leveraging steep discounts provided to our online platform, educational materials and live bootcamps.
What Alliance Members say…
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does Open Spectrum Do?
- Education – Our team has helped thousands of industry executives become fluent in the language of the industry leveraging our books, on-site classes, podcast, one-on-one sessions and various custom training events.
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Growth – We assist owners and operators of data centers and data center companies make smarter decisions. To this extent we engage in projects such as site selection, go-to-market strategy, competitive market intelligence, client contract and management team due diligence and facility audits during M&A activity.
- Investment – We manage an investment fund focused on the physical infrastructure assets and companies that support the digital economy.
How Can Open Spectrum Claim to Know The Entire IT Infrastructure and Data Center Marketplace So Well?
The ecosystem of buyers, sellers, and investors within the data center marketplace that we work directly with on a daily basis is one of our primary strategic advantages. Whereas most industry players have their focus in only one arena, Open Spectrum principals and solution architects have decades of experience working cross functionally for and with companies buying, selling and investing in colocation, cloud and data center services.
Who Are Your Competitors, and Why Should I Choose Open Spectrum?
451 Research, Gartner and others have analysts that consult with enterprises looking to build new data centers, and in some cases, procure new colocation services. The likes of CBRE, Colliers, JLL, and Cushman & Wakefield also have critical infrastructure practices with individuals doing similar work. Some of the individuals at these companies are great at what they do, but all of them primarily focus on only one aspect of the industry.
As to why Open Spectrum specifically, our cross functional industry experience and network of industry specialists simply provides a more accurate and holistic perspective to whatever your challenge may be.
How Much Will Open Spectrum's Services Cost?
Our engagements are mostly project driven and billed via hourly or pre-negotiated fees or monthly retainers.
Who are some of Open Spectrum's cleints?
Service Providers –
Who Are Some of Open Spectrum’s Clients?
Open Spectrum has worked, and is currently working, with hyper-scaling startups, Fortune 500, SMBs, and everyone in between. Our current clients span almost all industries including, but not limited to, SaaS, MSP, IaaS, CDN, software, financial services, insurance, and education.
Listed below is a snapshot of those we have assisted, and/or are assisting currently. We are also happy to provide references upon request.
- All Covered – Global Outsourced IT Service Provider, Owned by Konica Minolta
- Backblaze – Top Three Largest Consumer Online Backup Provider in the USA
- Cadence Design Systems – EDA Software and Custom IC Design Firm (NASDAQ: CDNS)
- Code42 Software – Top Three Largest Enterprise Online Backup Provider in the USA
- DTHBS – Hosted PBX Service Division of T-Mobile/Deutsche Telekom
- Informatica – Number One Provider of Data Integration Software (NASDAQ: INFA)
- Marin Software – Online Marketing Optimization Firm (NYSE:MRIN)
- OneKingsLane.com – E-commerce Company Booking Over $1M Revenue/Day
- ServiceNow – Fastest Growing Outsourced IT Provider for SMBs Around the World
- Skybox Imaging – $100M Funded Satellite Imaging Company, Acquired by Google
- Wikimedia Foundation – Parent of Wikipedia.org
- Zoosk.com – One of the Top Five Online Dating Websites