Tim Kiser – I Love Data Centers Podcast Episode 16
This week on the I Love Data Centers podcast: Atlanta’s 55 & 56 Marietta Data Centers, I interview Tim Kiser.
Episode 16 – Atlanta’s 55 & 56 Marietta Data Centers
Episode 16 Show Notes
- 2:16 Interview Starts
- 2:50 Where are you right now?
- 4:25 Tim’s upbringing and his first time with a computer
- 7:36 What inspired you to eventually take the entrepreneurial route?
- 9:28 Tim’s first in a data center
- 11:26 Starting Col Atlanta
- 13:26 Tim’s role with 56 Marietta
- 15:51 What makes 55 and 56 Marietta what it is today?
- 19:10 Are you the owner of the 55 Marietta building?
- 19:52 How big is the 55 Marietta building?
- 21:32 What inspired you to stay fixated only in the Atlanta market?
- 23:32 How Tim met Hunter Newby
- 27:00 What has shaped Tim into the man he is today and the way he conducts business?
- 30:18 Defining moments in Tim’s life that helped solidify his practice and deal with people
- 33:45 What was it like to go all in?
- 37:07 Did you make sure the tenants you were bringing on were unaffected from the major downturn in the market?
- 40:55 Karma in business
- 45:02 Tim’s most memorable failures he has learned from
- 50:57 Tim’s tips for managing a team
- 01:00:03 Tim’s long term plan for the future
- 01:05:20 How have you seen the industry evolve since you’ve been in it?
- 01:10:13 How has the growth within the Atlanta marketplace affected you?
- 01:14:11 What is the backdrop to your laptop?
- 01:18:20 When was the last time you had a client impacting event? How did you manage it, what did you learn, and what changes have been made because of that event?
- 01:21:11 Tim on Cloud Services
- 01:22:28 If you could go back in time and offer advice to yourself when you were just getting started in this industry, what would it be?
Links mentioned in this episode
LinkedIn profile for Tim Kiser