Heather Vescent – I Love Data Centers Podcast Episode 22
Heather and I met nearly a decade ago at a VC event in Los Angeles. Our mutual passion for innovation, technology, strategic thinking, design and education has kept us connected over the years through various projects. She is the only person I know to have received a Masters in Strategic Foresight, such that she can call herself a Futurist and have the credentials to back it up.
Recently, Heather co-authored “The Cyber Attack Survival Manual: Tools for Surviving Everything from Identity Theft to the Digital Apocalypse”. The book became my top recommendation and gifted book the moment I finished it. It is a must read for both complete noobs to all things Cyber Security and advanced hackers. I could sing Heather’s praises for days, but in short, she is a badass and her energy is contagious.
Heather Vescent is founder of The Purple Tornado, a transmedia futures studio, whose clients include US & UK governments, SWIFT, Disney, mid-size companies and start-ups. Her research explores trends in the future of cybersecurity, digital identity, money, economies, augmented intelligence, relationships, and war. It been covered in the New York Times, CNN, American Banker, CNBC, Fox, and the Atlantic. She is an author of the Cyber Attack Survival Manual: From Identity Theft to The Digital Apocalypse, published by Weldon Owen.
Heather Vescent – I Love Data Centers Podcast Episode 23
Episode 022 Show Notes:
- 1:12 Interview Starts
- 3:00 Heather’s background
- 5:57 What is a Futurist?
- 14:31 How Heather became a Futurist
- 15:24 The Future of Money project
- 25:08 How data may be stored in the future
- 27:35 Future technological possibilities
- 37:26 Going to Mars
- 43:59 The Cyber Attack Survival Manual
- 57:48 What is the cyber term “Pineapple” and how are they used?
- 1:04:51 The importance of internet and cyber education
- 1:12:12 When was the first time you remember stepping into a data center?
- 1:14:45 What is the biggest misconception people have about what you do or the industry at large?
- 1:15:04 What is one thing that you believe is true that most people would think you are insane for believing?
- 1:16:00 What is the most interesting thing that you have learned in the past few months?
Cyber Attack Survival Manual: amzn.to/2i2Jz5K
Future of Cybersecurity List: https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/325779/