Stuart Robbins – I Love Data Centers Podcast Episode 14
This week on the I Love Data Centers podcast, my guest Stuart Robbins and I discuss Systems Theory, Technology, Ethics, and Corporate Transformation.
I was introduced to Stuart Robbins through reading his book, “Lessons in Grid Computing: The System Is a Mirror,” over a decade ago. As a young professional that had just transitioned from being a full time entrepreneur to working in “Corporate America,” the book provided a foundation in systems theory as it applies to corporations and Information Technology. After reading the book, I reached out to Stuart directly and somehow convinced him to join me for lunch in San Francisco back in 2005, which initiated a friendship that has persisted ever since.
Episode 14 – Systems Theory, Technology, Ethics, and Corporate Transformation
Episode 14 Systems Theory, Technology, Ethics, and Corporate Transformation Show Notes
- 1:11 Interview starts
- 3:38 Stuart’s response to Brian Patrick Green quote
- 16:35 What to do if you see conflict in your job environment but are in a low-power position?
- 21:32 Stuart’s start in technology
- 30:30 Wasting time in startups
- 32:45 Stuart on the necessity for regulations and “bully” A.I.
- 37:46 The failure of acquisitions
- 46:21 Where are things trending?
- 52:01 Are things trending in an ethical direction?
- 58:49 Crispr anology
- 01:06:33 Alternate paradigms
- 01:10:09 How healthy movements spread
- 01:14:58 Modern tribalism
- 01:16:01 The “virus” anaology
- 01:28:16 How to take advantage of being at the peak of an economic cycle
Links mentioned in this episode
Buy his book Lessons in Grid Computing: The System Is a Mirror,